Attorney Victoria “Tori” Leigh and her husband Joey and their two young daughters – Lillian (Lilli) and Katherine (Kitti) live in North Little Rock. Before meeting, Joey and Tori both lived in NLR on and off their whole lives. When they married, they chose to settle and raise their family in North Little Rock. This past summer Tori moved her grandparents to North Little Rock to be closer to their growing family. Tori’s grandmother passed away in February, but her grandfather still lives independently in the Crestwood neighborhood and her mother lives in Park Hill.
Tori often credits her school years at Mount Saint Mary Academy for setting her foundation of service and assistance to others. After graduating in 2005 Tori attended Ball State University in Indiana where she earned a Bachelor of Science in Communication Studies/Public Speaking. Tori earned a Juris Doctor at Indiana University’s Robert H. McKinney School of Law.
- Disability Rights Center of Arkansas – Advisory Council to provide protections and advocacy for Arkansans with mental illnesses – 2012-2013
- Volunteer time and legal services to assist low-income Arkansans with real estate and family issues by accepting case assignments through VOCALS: “Volunteer Organization of Center for Arkansas Legal Services.”
- Pro-bono legal services for veterans at legal advice clinics
- AAUW: Arkansas Association for University Women, Little Rock Chapter – Communications Chair 2012-2014, current member.
- Girl Scouts of America – 15 years Brownie to Senior Girl Scout; Earned Gold Award, highest honor a Girl Scout can earn and requires a year-long service project. My project was planning, recruiting volunteers, and executing several non-partisan voter registration drives in low-income areas of Central Arkansas.
- Current Girl Scout Troop Leader
- Member of Pulaski County Bar Association & Arkansas Bar Association.
- Member of Arkansas Trial Lawyers since 2012. Membership Committee Member, 2015-2016.
- Member of Arkansas Criminal Lawyers Association since 2015.
- Anderson City Fair Housing Coalition, Anderson, Indiana, 2010.
- Anderson City Human Rights Commission, Anderson, Indiana, 2010.
- Indiana Civil Rights Commission, Intern, 2010.
After clerking for Pulaski County Judge Timothy Fox, Tori opened her law practice serving the needs of the Central Arkansas community in the areas of Domestic Relations, Real Estate, Criminal Defense, and Consumer Protection Defense.
Tori’s business model is designed to meet the gap in legal services in our communities between legal Aid and the traditional billable hour model. Most Arkansans cannot afford the traditional retainer model; it is not sustainable in our economy. For more information, please visit her law firm website: www.leigh-law.com.
Coming soon, Leigh Law is moving locations to 2800 Percy Machin in North Little Rock, Arkansas. Anticipated moving date is mid-November, 2016.